Tuesday, June 22, 2010

No More Rails



A couple of weekends ago, Michael and I removed the side rail from the girls' cribs to convert them into toddler beds. The G's were pretty excited about this - they love being able to jump up and down on the beds whenever they feel like it.

Michael and I were nervous about them falling out of their beds, so we placed cushions on the floor to catch them in case they should fall. So far, Giuliana has fallen down twice and Gisella has not fallen at all. Giuliana fell once during her nap and once during the night. When she fell during nap time, it woke her up but when she fell during the night, she continued to sleep. Michael and I found her on the floor asleep when we went in to check up on them.

One thing that we have noticed is that they are waking up earlier! They used to sleep until at least 7 sometimes even 7:30. Now, they come running into our room at 6. This morning they even woke up Baby - and she was always the first one to get up in the mornings. I am sure that the excitement will wear off - at least I am hoping so that I can get some more zzzs.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such big girls! Time is flying by so quickly. Hope to see you all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! Such big girls!

    ReplyDelete